1. General provisions
- These Terms and Conditions (‘Terms and Conditions’) define the rules of using the ‘CV Timeline’ application (‘Application’) administered and maintained by a Polish limited partnership Toolbox For HR sp. z o.o. sp.k. with its registered seat in Warsaw, at the address: ul. Plac Joachima Lelewela 10, 01-624 Warsaw, registered in the Register of Entrepreneurs kept by the District Court for the capital city of Warsaw in Warsaw, XII Commercial Division of the National Court Register, under the number: 0000570369, VAT No. PL 7010500541 (hereinafter: “us” or “Operator”).
- Users can contact us by:
- e-mail: [email protected]
- post, at the address indicated above
- In order to use the Application the User must be at least 18 years of age or, if older, the age of majority in the User’s jurisdiction.
- Under the Terms and Conditions, the following terms shall apply:
- Application – application “CV Timeline”, being a browser extension that provides a timeline view of a given user and all activity on the website www.cvtimeline.com
- Operator – subject who administers and maintains the Application, i.e. Toolbox For HR sp. z o.o. sp. k. with its registered seat in Warsaw, at the address: ul. Plac Joachima Lelewela 10, 01-624 Warszawa, registered in the Register of Entrepreneurs kept by the District Court for the capital city of Warsaw in Warsaw, XII Commercial Division of the National Court Register, under the number: 0000570369, VAT No. PL 7010500541.
- Service – service or services provided in the Application by the Operator in accordance with the rules set out in the Terms and Conditions
- User – any natural person with full legal capacity, or a legal person or an organizational unit without corporate existence who in any way uses the Application or the services provided by the Operator in the Application
- Single Sign On – a method of access control, enabling a user to log in and gain access to multiple software systems with a single ID and password.
3. Technical conditions
- For the proper use of the Services by Users, including effective registration and log-in, the following shall be required in aggregate: having an installed browser and an active and valid e-mail account or third party Single Sign On account.
- The User is prohibited to use within the Application any viruses, bots, worms, or other computer codes, files, or programs (especially using scripts or applications which automate processes or other codes, files, or tools).
- The Operator informs that it uses cryptographic protection for electronic transfer and digital content by applying appropriate logical, organizational and technical measures, in particular to prevent third-party access to data, including hashing passwords, SSL encryption, API endpoints authentication, anti-virus or anti-malware programs software.
- The Operator informs that despite the application of the security provided by the Operator referred to in sec. 3 above the use of the Internet and services provided electronically may be at risk of access to the IT system and User equipment, harmful software or access to data on this device by third parties. In order to minimize the mentioned threat, the Operator recommends that Users use anti-virus systems or means which protect identification in the Internet.
4. Using the Application
- In order to start using the Application, the User must download it from a browser extension store or from www.cvtimeline.com. Upon clicking an ‘Get started’ button, there will be shown a pop-up informing the User on the Application’s access to the User’s data at which point the User may decide whether to install the Application, by clicking the ‘Add extension’ button, or cancel the process. If the User is already logged into his or her browser account, the e-mail address is automatically shared with the Operator and the User does not have to manually insert the e-mail. If the User does not have or is not logged into the browser account, he or she would be required to either log in using his or her Single Sign On account or sign up using his or her e-mail address and creating a password for the Application.
- Installation of paid versions of the Application requires making the payment referred to in paragraph 5 of the Terms and Conditions.
- The agreement for the provision of electronic services is concluded between the Operator and the User at the time of installation of the Application.
- The Operator shall be entitled to suspend or block the User’s access to the Application if the data provided by the User are incomplete, false or the User had not been entitled to provide the data.
- After installing the Application, the Operator gains access to the data contained in the User’s profile on LinkedIn.
- The User agrees to use his/her name, trademark and logotype for marketing purposes by the Operator. The Operator may inform potential Users and Investors about the installation of the Application by the User and place its name, trademark and logotype on the Operator’s website, in social media and in marketing materials. The above consent also applies to the brand under which User works or cooperates.
- Current pricing is available at www.cvtimeline.com
- Detailed parameters of paid versions of the Application and their prices are described on the website: https://www.cvtimeline.com/
- Payments for paid version of the Application shall be made monthly by credit card and are accepted in currently available currencies. At the User’s request, the Operator may issue an invoice.
- User is obligated to refrain from any action that may hinder or interfere with the functioning of the Application and/or impede access to the Application for other Users.
- The User agrees not to use the Services under and in support of criminal activity (in violation of criminal and international law), illegal activities or good manners.
- The Operator is not liable for User’s and third parties’ actions regarding using materials placed in the Application which are contrary to the generally applicable law or to the Terms and Conditions.
- User expressly agrees that he or she uses the Application at his or her sole risk. The Operator, its other affiliates nor any of their employees, agents, third party content providers, third party service providers or licensors do not warrant that use of the websites will be uninterrupted or error free. They do not make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from use of the Application or as to the accuracy, reliability or content of any information, service, or merchandise provided through the Application or collaborating websites.
- The Application is provided on an ‘as is’ basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, other than those warranties which are implied by and incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification under the laws applicable to these Terms and Conditions.
- To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, in no event shall the Operator, or its future parent or affiliated companies, be liable to User for property damage, lost profits, cost of substitute goods or services, loss of data, loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer and/or device or technology failure or malfunction or for any form of direct or indirect, special, incidental, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages based on any causes of action arising out of use of the websites or any alleged failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in service, operation, or transmission of the websites, or any alleged computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction of property, and/or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of or posting of any record, content, or technology, pertaining to or on the websites. User agrees that this limitation of liability applies whether such allegations are for breach of contract, tortious behaviour, negligence, or fall under any other cause of action, regardless of the basis upon which liability is claimed and even if the Operator or future parent or affiliated companies have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, User also specifically acknowledges that the Operator or future parent or affiliated companies are not liable for any actual or alleged defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of other users of the websites or any other third parties.
- If applicable law does not allow all or any part of the above limitation of liability to apply to User, the limitations will apply to User only to the extent permitted by applicable law, especially the limitation of liability shall not apply to consumers.
7. Personal data
8. Intellectual property
- The ‘CV Timeline’ Application is the property of the Operator. The Operator is entitled to add, edit, change and remove any content included in the Application, in whole or in part. The name of the Application, its logo, the operating principles of the Application, all its graphic elements, its interface, and the software on which it is based, the site code and databases are subject to legal protection under the provisions of the Polish law: Copyright and Related Rights Act of 4 February 1994, the Act of 30 June 2000 – Industrial Property Act, Databases Protection Act from 27 July 2001 and other mandatory provisions of law, including relevant international law.
- Any use of the Operator’s intellectual property without his express permission is prohibited.
- Each User has the right to make a complaint about matters related to the Application functioning, as well as the execution of the services by the Operator.
- The Application shall include:
- the User’s name,
- the User’s e-mail address,
- a description of the observed malfunctioning of the Application.
- Complaints shall be submitted electronically to the Operator’s e-mail address or in writing to the Operator’s address
- The operator shall reply to the complaint within 14 days of receiving it.
- Response for the complaint shall be sent to the User’s e-mail address indicated in the complaint, or, if the complaint was submitted in writing, to the e-mail address indicated in the letter or, if such address is not provided, to the e-mail address indicated by the User while installing the Application.
- These Terms and Conditions remain in effect while the User uses the Application, i.e. has the Application installed. The User may uninstall the Application at any time. By uninstalling the Application the User terminates these Terms and Conditions and the electronic services agreement referred to in paragraph 4.3 of the Terms and Conditions with immediate effect.
- The Operator may terminate these Terms and Conditions and thus the above-mentioned electronic services agreement for any or no reason upon sending the User a 1-month notice to the e-mail address indicated by the User while installing the Application.
- The Operator may terminate these Terms and Conditions and thus the above-mentioned electronic services agreement with immediate effect, should the User use the Application in breach of the rules referred to in paragraph 6.1. and 6.2. of the Terms and Conditions.
- For any or no reason consumers shall have the right to rescind the Terms and Conditions within 14 days from the installation of the Application by sending the Operator a declaration of rescission (by e-mail or post, as indicated above) and uninstalling the Application. The consumers may use the template of the declaration of rescission which constitutes schedule 2 to the Polish Act on consumer rights (‘Ustawa o prawach konsumenta’).
11. Final provisions
- Terms and Conditions may change and Operator will inform the Users about it in advance. If User wishes to terminate his or her use of the Services then he or she will be entitled to do so within 14 days from the date of receiving the notice regarding Terms and Conditions change. Continuing to use the Services after the amendment of the Terms and Conditions change will mean that User agrees with the change.
- The applicable law is Polish law.
- Any disputes arising out of or related to the Terms and Conditions or Services between the Users who are not consumers and the Operator are subject to the ruling of the Polish ordinary court with jurisdiction over the Operator’s registered office.
- An online dispute resolution between consumers and entrepreneurs at the EU level (ODR platform) platform is available at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr. The ODR platform is an interactive and multilingual website with a one-stop shop for consumers and entrepreneurs seeking out-of-court settlement of a dispute regarding contractual obligations arising from an online sales contract or a service contract.
- If any provision of the Terms and Conditions proves to be ineffective or invalid in whole or in part, it does not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of the Terms and Conditions.
- This version of Terms and Conditions shall enter into force June 7th 2019.
- The current version of the Terms and Conditions is available for download also in PDF here: https://www.cvtimeline.com/terms-and-conditions.html.